The incumbent of this position will function as the principal support for the Housing Manager. S/he will develop a work-flow process and implement systems that will allow for the orderly, timely and professional completion of tasks as required.
Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager and the general supervision of the Housing Director.
Supervision Exercised: None.
· The incumbent will have at least a high school diploma (business college experience a plus). S/he will have good communication skills in both oral and written form, knowledge of computers and bookkeeping skills essential. Must be proficient at utilizing rental software programs. Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources for senior citizens. Ability to advocate, problem solve, and help residents to maintain their independent lifestyle.
· Provides a wide variety of clerical/administrative support to the site Housing Manager and other housing staff as requested by the Housing Manager. Examples of duties include: Assists with waiting list and resident file maintenance and upkeep, assist with Managerial duties such as, conduct tenant certification, selection, and annual recertification, handle leasing of new and turn over units. Utilize Yardi rental software to enable manager to maintain records of collections, disbursements, security deposit reports, etc in accordance with the HUD Handbook 4350.3.
· Assists with the day to day activities of operating a housing facility, i.e. paperwork associated with annual re-certifications and waiting list at the request of the Housing Manager.
· Collects rents, issues receipts, makes deposits, and run necessary reports at the request of the Housing Manager.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of HUD Handbook 4350.3 rules and regulations.
· Screens telephone calls and drop-in visitations for the Housing Manager as well as placing outside calls for any of the offices.
· Responsible for maintaining effective client relations.
· Will be responsible for conducting orientations for new move-ins at the request of the Housing Manager.
· Will maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
· Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
· Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
· Perform other related duties as required.