Crisis Assistance and Support
Crisis Assistance and Support is Rockingham Community Action’s multi-service Community Action Program, which provides timely assistance to those seeking immediate help for basic needs, such as food and shelter. Centers are located in Seabrook, Raymond, Derry, Salem and Portsmouth.
Center Staff also provide the Housing Security Guarantee Program (a no interest loan toward a security deposit), and the Personal Emergency Response System (a low-cost device accessing emergency medical assistance).
The Community Action Centers are also great locations to find out about other Rockingham Community Action programs. Feel free to stop by!
- Surplus Food Distribution Program: Coordinating and distributing USDA surplus food to participating homeless shelters and emergency food pantries throughout the county.
- Emergency Food Pantries: Providing food to households who are facing severe economic hardship and are critically low on food. Those utilizing services are from communities in which other emergency food pantries are under-stocked or unavailable. Non-perishable goods, frozen meats, dairy products, and perishables may be available.
- Homeless Housing Access Revolving Loan Fund: Provides an interest-free loan toward a security deposit and/or first month’s rent to individuals who are homeless.
- Homeless Intervention Program: Assists the homeless with identifying shelter needs, arranging emergency transportation to shelters, and arranging alternative shelter.
- Utility/Housing Crisis Assistance: When funds are available, provides grants toward utilities, rent, or mortgage to prevent shut-off or foreclosure.
Note: The towns served listed below are for general informational purposes. Individuals may use any Community Action Center if travelling to the Center listed for their town presents a hardship.
- Holiday Program: Coordinating holiday assistance to income eligible families through partnership with local civic, business and private groups as well as individuals.
- Individualized Services: Information, referral, advocacy, and case management services available to low-income residents.
Phone: (603) 893-9172
Serving: Atkinson, Danville, Newton, Plaistow, Salem, Windham
Phone: (603) 895-2303
Serving: Brentwood, Candia, Deerfield, East Kingston, Epping, Exeter, Freemont, Kingston, Newfields, Northwood, Nottingham, Raymond
Phone: (603) 474-3507
Phone: (603) 965-3029
Serving: Hampton, Hampton Falls, Kensington, North Hampton, Seabrook, South Hampton, Stratham
Serving: Derry, Londonderry, Auburn, Chester, Hampstead, Sandown
Phone: (603) 431-2911
Serving: Portsmouth, New Castle, Newington, Greenland, Rye, Newmarket